2D Shooter Bullet and Weapon System – download Unity asset
Now with up to Unity 2019.4 support!
The 2D Shooter Bullet and Weapon System asset provides you with a highly customisable bullet pattern and weapon system, custom weapon configuration editor with inventory manager, along with a bullet pooling manager which is simple to drop into your Unity game or project and start using right away.
With so many options to tweak and customise, you can create endless combinations of bullet patterns and weapon types, with top performance, even on mobile platforms.
In addition, you also get a customizable player movement script which allows for multiple modes of player movement controls (top down shooter, shoot-em-up/shmup, and target tracking for usage of the system on enemies as well as players), as well as a multitude of extra sprites, SFX, prefabs and demo scripts relating to the 5 x demo scenes that are included.
The system allows for many different bullet pattern configurations and customizations, as well as ricochet (bounce) and bullet impact effects like sparks and blood. The WeaponSystem.cs script contains sliders for every property on the weapon allowing you to easily control properties like bullet count, fire rate, bullet randomness, spread, offsets, and even alternate properties like spread size on an alternating timer system. There are also options to assign ammunition, magazine configurations, reload options and SFX on the weapon configurations you create to fire your custom bullet patterns. This amounts to a huge number of possible bullet patterns and weapon types.
The WeaponSystem script also makes it easy for your player to change weapon types in-game. Either use the built-in weapon configuration and inventory assignment system (with support to re-order, add or remove weapon configurations in-editor to use in-game), or simply set the weapon preset property to one of the 13 default preset weapon types/bullet pattern types.
1. “Weapon Configuration and Inventory scene”. Show case for the system that allows you to create your own weapon configurations and assign them to inventory slots for players or AI to use in-game. Includes some Physics2D objects and Target dummies to shoot at and view bullet ricochets, hit spark effects, and blood effects. Also demonstrates hooking up a GUI to the WeaponSystem component and events to show how you could integrate with your own GUI solution. You can also use the sliders in-game to change bullet and weapon configurations on the fly.
2. “Space platform defense” This demo shows off the weapon configuration and inventory system, as well the reload / ammo and some basic bullet pattern support that the asset has to offer. It also provides a simple GUI interface to demonstrate some ideas of how you can hook your own GUI system up to show things like ammo usage, magazine / clip sizes, weapon icons, etc… A few alien ships fly around with shields that are able to deflect bullets (using the system’s built in ricochet support). Scroll your mouse wheel to switch weapons (which selects different defense turrets with different weapon configurations). Left click to fire, and “R” to reload (for weapon configurations set up to use magazines). The enemies have no HP, so you can keep firing at them.
3. “Top down shooter” The included top down demo scene gives you 13 preset weapon types to try, 2 different bullet types, 4 different bullet colour options as well as the sliders needed to create your own customised bullet/weapon types.
4. “Space shmup” A simple shooter / shmup scene demonstrating different player controls and the ability to customise some bullet pattern properties.
5. “Turret scene” – this is a scene demostrating usage of the Weapon System component for enemy turrets that track a designated target (you, the player). You can also shoot and customize a limited set of weapon configuration for yourself in the scene.